MBA Chemical Preservatives P-Methoxybenzoic Acid For Antiseptic
p-Anisic Acid Description
4-methoxybenzoic acid, also known as p-Anisic acid or draconic
acid, is one of the isomers of anisic acid. The term "anisic acid"
often refers to this form specifically. 4-methoxybenzoic acid is
found naturally in anise. It is a white crystalline solid which is
insoluble in water, highly soluble in alcohols and soluble in
ether, and ethyl acetate. It is used as an intermediate for
eggplant and can also be used in spices and preservatives.
p-Anisic Acid /4-methoxybenzoic acid Specifications
BeiLi is a professional manufacturer of pharmaceutical
intermediates and fine chemical raw materials in China, we can
provide worldwide customers with high quality 4-methoxybenzoic acid
/ p-Anisic acid .
|Synonym||p-Anisic acid/ P-anisic acid crystalline/ melting point standard
P-anisic acid/ P-methoxybenzoic acid/ anisic acid/ Benzoic acid,
methoxy-/ Methoxybenzoic acid/ 4-methoxybenzoate/ 4-carboxylphenyl
methyl ether / MBA|
|Solubility||Soluble in alcohol, ether, chloroform, and ethyl acetate, slightly
soluble in hot water, solubility in 20ºC water is 0.3g/L.|
|Water||Quality standard||Q/320507 LBM10-2006|
p-Anisic Acid /4-methoxybenzoic acid Application
As alternative preservatives:The paraffin preservatives are controversial because of their
potential endocrine disrupting properties, and many children and
cosmetics products in Europe and the United States have begun to
stop using the type of preservatives and declare "free of parabens"
on the product label. As early as 2012, Johnson & Johnson began
to announce the elimination or reduction of personal care products
in the formaldehyde-releasing preservatives, parabens preservatives
and other chemical ingredients to dispel consumer concerns.
MBA 4-methoxybenzoic acid has become increasingly significant as
multi-functional raw material in the cosmetic. Thus, for example,
aqueous compositions and their use in cosmetics are known, which
contain 1-30% p-methoxybenzoic acid and up to 50% of one or more
polyols, like glycerol. One base, like sodium hydroxide, and citric
acid is also contained herein. The compositions have a pH of 5.2.
Apart from its main function as masking agent and aroma component,
this raw material's interesting qualities of biologically
stabilizing cosmetic and dermatologic formulations as well as being
an active ingredient against specific germs in skin- and hair-care
products have attracted a lot of attention.
Other main Application:
- 4-Methoxybenzoic acid was used in oxidation and reduction of
cytochrome c in solution through different self-assembled
monolayers on gold electrodes using cyclic voltammetry.
- 4-methoxybenzoic acid has antiseptic properties. It is also used as
an intermediate in the preparation of more complex organic
- As pharmaceutical intermediate used to producing
3-Amino-4-methoxybenzoic acid and 4-methoxybenzoyl chloride etc.;
- Also used as fine chemical raw material to produce aromatics,
cosmetics etc, can also take part in many organic syntheses.
Handling and Storage
- Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Minimize dust generation and accumulation.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing.
- Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
- Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible
- with temperature below 40 deg C.
- Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed
- It is packed with hardboard carton drum.
- Its net weight for each drum is 25kg.
- 25kg with hardboard carton drum.Or it's at your option.
BeiLi is a leading manufacturer of p-Anisic Acid /4-methoxybenzoic
acid cas 100-09-4 in China.
1) We can provide costomers with "one-stop"packaging service,from
research,development,production,export and so on.
2) Powerful R&D strength let our technology in a leading
level,forever,in turn,to provide customers with better service .
3) We have ISO certificate which let the customers more satisfied
and rest assured.
4) More than 20 years of export experience,we can provide customers
with more professional service.
More importantly , Headquartered in Lianyungang which is an
international port city, one of China's top ten seaports. At the
same time, the company has a branch in Shanghai.Shanghai, is one of
the world's largest port, convenient for the customes provide