Methoxybenzoic Acid Cosmetic Raw Materials Highly Soluble In
BeiLi Phific MBA.99C.4 Brand CAS No 100-09-4 p-Anisic Acid
/4-Methoxybenzoic acid is using advanced technology developed by
the company with reliable quality assurance, which makes it easy to
obtain the target-p-Anisic Acid /4-Methoxybenzoic acid with a short
route, high product yield, mild reaction conditions, recyclable
materials such as raw materials and solvents, which greatly reduces
production costs, reducing the emission of waste, less pollution,
with good prospects for via applications.
Physical and Chemical Properties
4-methoxybenzoic acid, also known as p-Anisic acid or draconic
acid, is one of the isomers of anisic acid. The term "anisic acid"
often refers to this form specifically. 4-methoxybenzoic acid is
found naturally in anise. It is a white crystalline solid which is
insoluble in water, highly soluble in alcohols and soluble in
ether, and ethyl acetate. It is used as an intermediate for
eggplant and can also be used in spices and preservatives.
CAS No: 100-09-4
EC No: 202-818-5
|Synonym||p-Anisic acid/ P-anisic acid crystalline/ melting point standard
P-anisic acid/ P-methoxybenzoic acid/ anisic acid/ Benzoic acid,
methoxy-/ Methoxybenzoic acid/ 4-methoxybenzoate/ 4-carboxylphenyl
methyl ether / MBA|
|Solubility||Soluble in alcohol, ether, chloroform, and ethyl acetate, slightly
soluble in hot water, solubility in 20ºC water is 0.3g/L.|
BeiLi is a professional manufacturer of pharmaceutical
intermediates and fine chemical raw materials in China, we can
provide worldwide customers with high quality p-Anisic acid.
|Water||Quality standard||Q/320507 LBM10-2006|
As Cosmetic Raw Materials
- 4-methoxybenzoic acid has antiseptic properties. It is also used as
an intermediate in the preparation of more complex organic
compounds.has become increasingly significant as multi-functional
raw material in the cosmetic.
- Apart from its main function as masking agent and aroma component,
this raw material's interesting qualities of biologically
stabilizing cosmetic and dermatologic formulations as well as being
an active ingredient against specific germs in skin- and hair-care
Other main Application
- As fragrance intermediate: p-methoxybenzoic acid is a part of cresol class antiseptic
compounds, it is also used as an insect repellent and ovicide.
Anisole, anisic acid, and their derivatives are also widely used in
chemical reaction as intermediates to obtain target materials such
- As Pharmaceutical intermediate:4-methoxybenzoic acid is used as a pharmaceutical intermediate,
also used as an intermediate of Aniracetam and an inhibitor of
Handling and Storage
- Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Minimize dust generation and accumulation.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing.
- Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
- Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible
- with temperature below 40 deg C.
- Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed
Exposure Controls, Personal Protection
Engineering Controls: Use adequate general or local exhaust
ventilation to keep airborne concentrations low.
Exposure Limits: ACGIH: not listed; NIOSH: not listed; OSHA - Final
PELs: not listed.
Personal Protective Equipment
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety
Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure.
Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact
Any more questions, or interest about the product, feel free to